Despite what the industry claims, Fracking does not lead to more jobs. The price of natural gas on the market had plummeted driving wages down and costing jobs. It has cause drops in property values, and will impact food prices, as it draws water from agriculture. Farmers will have to raise prices as they compete for water. FRACKING REQUIRES MILLIONS OF GALLONS OF WASTE WATER WHICH CANNOT BE CLEANED, POLLUTED WITH CANCER CAUSING CHEMICALS. 67% of all water usage in the US is for agriculture. Fracking takes place predominently in agri-farm areas.
HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN DO NOW:
On the conference call for the Coalition For A Moratorium on Fracking tonight we agreed:1) That each of us would call or stop in at least one of the Senate Energy Comm–Senator’s district offices tomorrow, Monday March 18th, the Senators will be in the districts tomorrow, you can find their office numbers here http://www.ilga.gov. You can ask to speak to their Chief of Staff and to have a conversation with the Senator if at all possible. The list of the Senate Energy Comm is below. Tell them that a key vote is coming up on SB1418 in the Senate Energy Comm on Thurs, March 21. You can send them the Lobby Packet again with the cover letter below. It is OK if they all get more than 1 call from our group.
2) Three of us from the North are going back to Springfield for the comm hearings, I also think that Bruce from Environmental IL and Jack Darin will be there too, I am sending the times of the meetings to FWWatch also, I am hoping some other from SAFE and IPA will be able to join us for the Comm hearings, this Thurs.
Scheduled Date:Mar 21, 2013 8:00AM Revenue and Finance Rm 115 Capitol
Scheduled Date:Mar 21, 2013 11:00AM Senate Energy, 212 Capitol
3) We are going to get as many calls into the Reps and Sens offices as possible this week against HB2615 and for HB3086 and SB1418. By sending out on elists, going on talk shows, flyering “L” stops etc.
4) We also have an emergency rally on Friday March 22nd 11:30-1pm at the Thompson Center in Chicago. We will get people to get out there phones right at the rally and call the Reps and Sens. We are also going to drop off info/petitions to the Gov and the AG’s offices.
We can do this, we can get the IL Senate to move on this issue, Dr. Lora
Energy – Members
98th General Assembly
Members Notice of Hearing
Role Senator Party
Chairperson : Mike Jacobs
Vice-Chairperson : David Koehler
Member: James F. Clayborne, Jr.
Member: Jacqueline Y. Collins
Member: Gary Forby
Member: Michael W. Frerichs
Member: Iris Y. Martinez
Member: Antonio Muñoz
Member: Michael Noland
Member: Martin A. Sandoval
Member: Donne E. Trotter
Member: Patricia Van Pelt
Minority Spokesperson : Sue Rezin
Member: Kirk W. Dillard
Member: Karen McConnaughay
Member: Matt Murphy
Member: Dale A. Righter
Member: Chapin Rose
SEND THIS MAIL:
March 12th, 2013
From: The Illinois Coalition For A Moratorium on Fracking, (ICMF)
Dear Illinois Senator or Representative,
We are extremely concerned about the dangers of high volume, high pressure, horizontal hydro-fracking. We appreciate your time and your careful attention to this issue.
Included in this information packet are:
1) Stop the Frack Attack On IL – 2 page handout on the reasons to support HB3086 and SB1418, (they both outline a moratorium on fracking with an investigative task force) and to oppose HB2615, the premature, insufficient and unenforceable regulatory bill.
2) SAFE, (Southern Illinoisans Against Fracturing Our Environment) – 2 page handout on the reasons to support HB 3086 and SB1418.
3) Nuclear Energy Information Service, (NEIS) letter on the seismic issue and radioactive waste water issues around fracking.
4) Environment Illinois letter on the reasons to support a moratorium on fracking.
5) Food and Water Watch report on the effects of fracking on Climate Change and the Water Crisis
6) Food And Water Watch report on the false jobs promise of fracking.
7) SAFE press release about the recent federal court ruling that lifted a 17 yr old ban on oil and gas drilling in the IL Shawnee National Forest.
8) Illinois People’s Action/Food And Water Watch letter to all IL lawmakers about the dangers of fracking, signed by many national environmental groups, including Bill McKibben of 350.org, Greenpeace USA and American Against Fracking.
We strongly encourage you to take a very close look at all of the science around fracking, the dangers far outweigh the benefits to the residents of Illinois. Please go to our website for more information, http://www.dontfractureillinois.net.
We would be happy to answer any questions that you may have about fracking, our lobby material, or the bills that we support, SB1418 and HB3086, and also why we are in opposition to HB 2615. Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
The Coalition For A Moratorium On FrackingMember groups: SAFE, (Southern Illinoisans Against Fracturing Our Environment), MoveOn.org Illinois, PDA Chicago and Illinois, SE Environmental Task Force, CAPA (Chicago Area Peace Action), CAPOW! (Citizens Act to Protect Our Water), Stop the Frack Attack on IL, Rising Tide, RAN Chicago, Gray Panthers and the Chicago Chapter of World Can’t Wait.
Catch 900poundgorilla’s WC Turck and Brian Murray each Sunday 8-9am only on Our Town with Mike Sanders, at Chicago’s Progressive Talk, WCPT AM and FM, and streaming online. Our Town is sponsored by HORA USA, at http://www.HORAusa.com. HORA is an evolutionary meditative practice for the whole body and mind. Take the next step in your personal evolution at http://www.HORAusa.com.
Friend us on Facebook at Revolution and Beer. And if you have a cause to champion, please let us know as we work to become the grassroots support network for Chicago Activists and community organizers.
Catch the beer of the week review with 900poundgorilla’s WC Turck and Brian Murray each Sunday 8-9am only on Our Town, at Chicago’s Progressive Talk, WCPT AM and FM, and streaming online. Friend us on Facebook at Revolution and Beer. And find all of the great beers we review each week at Louis Glunz Beer Inc., http://www.glunzbeers.com